I’m sure everyone will agree with me when I say it’s been a horribly long winter! With storm after storm, and dark and dreary weather, sometimes it’s hard to stay positive and happy.
The other day the temperature finally came above freezing. I think it actually reached seven degrees Celsius—with sunshine. SUNSHINE! It was like a healing balm to my soul. I stood on the deck and as I worked on curing my vitamin D deficiency, I started thinking about how happy a little sunshine made me feel. Then I started thinking about how little it took to put a smile on my face.
Here are just a few things that make me feel happy and positive:
- Sitting on the deck in the summer with my IPad loaded with good books—or even bad one—just as long as I have books!
- An evening by the bonfire with family and friends, sharing a glass of wine.
- Dinner and laughter with the girls after a long week alone in my office.
- A walk along the waterfront.
- Double dating with my good friends, except when bowling is involved…still recovering.
- An evening in with my hubby watching a good movie.
- A rich, chocolate brownie.
- Coming downstairs in the morning to find hubby making the coffee.
- When the kids call, excited about something in their lives.
- When I have a tear in my eye after writing The End on my current work in progress.
- Getting to hang out with my niece and her seven-month-old daughter. Baby B, always brings a smile to my face!
These are only a few things off the top of my head, but now I’m wondering, what are some of the little things that make you happy?