Pages

Monday, 18 November 2013

Recipe: Cranberry Sauce with a Twist

By Linda O'Toole

It is now mid-November and all the seasonal decorations are in the stores.  T'is the season!  As we all start to get ready for the holidays I thought I would share a quick and easy recipe for cranberry sauce.  Just
perfect for busy writers to prepare.  No cooking involved!  Even those who traditionally do not like cranberry sauce tend to like this one.  It goes well with a turkey dinner and even better the next day on turkey sandwiches made with fresh bread and a little mayo.

1 bag cranberries
1 orange
1/2 cup sugar or to taste

Put small grinding blade in food processor.
Grind cranberries.
Cut orange in wedges, leave rind on.  Grind in processor.
In a bowl, mix ground cranberries and ground orange together.
Add sugar and stir.  You may want to add a bit more sugar it is personal preference.
You are done.  Enjoy!


If you make this while the turkey is cooking the flavours will blend, the sugar will melt in, and it will be perfect when the turkey is done.  I like to freeze the bag of cranberries beforehand as I find they grind better and it also helps to chill the sauce.

8 comments:

  1. Linda, love homemade cranberry sauce and all my go to people have died. But this sounds easy enough for even me to make.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like the cranberry sauce my grandmother used to make. Thanks for sharing! I'd forgotten how good hers was with the orange added in. Am definitely going to make next time we have turkey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the recipe, Linda. Sounds tangy and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never seen a recipe where you haven't had to cook it before ... definitely worth a try!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum, this looks delicious, Linda. I always end up with bags of frozen cranberries but the no-cook sounds appealing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum, Linda! I love cranberry and orange. Thanks for recipe - it's always useful to have a quick one during the holiday season!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It does sound good. And if there's any left over after the sandwiches, you could always dilute it with vodka, strain it, and have an instant Cosmo. By then you'll need it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is my kind of holiay recipe, Linda -- quick, easy and sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete