Pages

Monday, 7 October 2013

Want a Quickie?

by Cathryn Fox

Okay, now that I have your attention!!

I know we’re all crazy busy, and when we’re chasing a deadline and only have time for a quickie—a quick easy dinner fix that is—we usually reach for the phone and order in.  Well forget about the phone, and instead reach for that crock pot!

The last week has been insanely busy for me, in a good way!  I’m deep into edits on three books with three different publishers, and because I’m going to be in the launch for two of the lines, the deadlines are crazy!  I’m lucky to find time to eat in the run of a day, let alone cook, and since I’m sitting on my backside most of the day, I want to eat nutritious meals without having to spend hours preparing them.  Since my husband works twelve hour shifts he isn’t always here to help out in the kitchen department, which means I have to be creative if I want to put a nutritious meal on the table.  That’s where my crock pot comes in.  It’s so easy to toss a bunch of things into it in the morning and come dinner time, voila, a home cooked delicious and healthy meal.  Today I’d like to share one of my favorite crock pot meals with you!




Easy Peasy, Beef and Broccoli!


In crock add:
1 cup of beef broth
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup low salt soy sauce
3 cloves of garlic minced
1 tsp sesame oil
½ tsp ground ginger
1/8 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
Beef cut into strips
2tlbs corn starch.

Cook five to six hours and then toss in broccoli for abut thirty minutes or until tender.  When it’s done, serve over rice and you have a beautiful meal in minutes!







Please be sure to sign up for Cathryn’s newsletter at www.cathrynfox.com to find out about her upcoming releases and a chance to win some fabulous prizes!

You can also find Cathryn on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/AuthorCathrynFox

And twitter: https://twitter.com/writercatfox

3 comments:

  1. This recipe will be happening sometime this week, but likely with venison instead of beef, since I need to empty my freezer.
    The old crock pot is a life-saver, but it only works if I plot it out. A pantser like me pretty well has to post a note on the coffee pot..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you'll really like it Heidi!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to try it with pork tomorrow, since I also need to clean out my freezer. :) Sounds delicious, Cathy.

    ReplyDelete