Pages

Friday, 2 August 2013

5 on Friday - Set 182



Welcome to a long-running feature in which I've taken part for three years over on my own blog -- the 5 on Friday music set.

Travis at Trav's Thoughts invites everyone to lay down a short set of tunes -- whatever takes your fancy -- for his musical meme.

For this week's set, I'd like to introduce you to the characters from my current work in progress, the second book in my dark fantasy Dragonsfyre series.

1 - Death is the Road to Awe -- composed by Clint Mansell

The opening piece belongs to Xaviero, Captain of the Guard to Lady Elysande





2 - Pie Jesu -- composed by Andrew Lloyd Webber -- sung by Anna Netrebko

Although this is a piece of sacred music addressed to the God of our world, the sentiment of the music and words belong to the main female character of my book, Lady Elysande





3 - Olim lacus colueram, Carmina Burana -- composed by Carl Orff

This piece belongs to Scorpius, former falconer's apprentice, now bodyguard to Lord Thibault





4 - Overture, Le Bourgeois Gentilhomme -- composed by Jean-Baptiste Lully

This piece belongs to Lord Thibault, second son of the Duke of Pruzhnino, cousin to Lady Elysande, master to Scorpius




5 - Etudes -- composed by Knudage Riisager

This piece belongs to the uneasy relationship between the Eighth Dominion and the dragons that threaten the land.






Photo by Helen Tansey

Visit my web site

Find me on Facebook

Follow me on Twitter

Find me on Pinterest

3 comments:

  1. These were beautiful. Tie between Pie Jesu and the aria from Carmina Burana

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd never have seen these, or experienced these treasures if I hadn't checked out your blog, Julia.
    Thank you. So beautiful.

    Pat

    ReplyDelete